My Child is Being Bullied, what can I do to support them?
So many parents worry about their child being bullied, whilst others are unaware of just how lonely and upset their child feels at school. No-one likes to be bullied whether itâ€™s in the office, home environment or at school but suffering in silence, is not the answer as things just build up further, here are some tips to help you.
1. Face the bully, ask why they are doing it to your child?
2. Explain clearly why itâ€™s not acceptable and that you will not tolerate the behaviour. If this is not sufficient or your child does not Â Â Â feel confident enough to do this, speak to the child yourself or ask the teacher to intervene.
3. Remember that bullies are scared too and sometimes this is why they â€˜pick onâ€™ a weaker or â€˜safe targetâ€™ to express something they Â Â Â are upset about.
4. State what actions will happen if things continue.
5. Give your child lots of reassurance and take their fears seriously. These incidents can affect a child for a long time, even into Â Â Â adulthood.
If you need some support with handling your childâ€™s behaviour or suspect your child is being bullied please call and letâ€™s have a chat.
This is an amazing example of what happened to a child from a single parent family and how resolved his issues then shared his plight with the worldâ€¦
Britains Got Talent