Had enough Sleep?
Have you had enough sleep or are you running on empty and wondering why you are going no-where fast?
Life can hard work with children even on the good days it is pretty exhausting running around after a toddler or constantly feeding and changing a baby and it doesn’t stop when they get older either! They simply wear you down in other ways!
Do you know how much sleep your child should be getting for his or her age?
- Take a look at the chart below and see if your child is getting enough daily sleep.
- New Born Baby 14-16 hours (some may sleep less though) Wakes every 1-3 hours, feeds regularly
- Baby 3-6 Months 13-14 hours -Night feeds reducing and sleep lengthening out to 6 hours +(3 day naps up to 4 hours, 1 long, 2 shorter naps )
- Baby 6-12 Months 14 hours –Circadian rhythms settling down, can now distinguish day from night. Sleeps 10-12hours at night (Naps drop down to 2, with 1 short, one longer, up to 3 hours total).
- Toddler 1-3 (12-14 hours)Night 11-13 hours- Day sleep gradually drops to 1 long lunchtime nap (1-3 hours)
- Child age 4+ 11-12 hours per night
- Child age 7+ 10-11 hours per night
Adults require 7-8 hours and most are struggling to achieve this, however it can make all the difference if you do, you can get far more done in less time. If you want to find out more about how you can improve your health and well being to ensure you and your child are getting enough sleep, please get in touch 01242 250 369 or email Juliet@sanitynanny.com for more information.